Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Secret to Success

I constantly work to become successful. I'm the classic 'Type A personality' overachiever. I rarely fail at school or work because I work too damn hard to ever let it happen. When I want something, I want it bad and I always get it. Most people say it's because I'm lucky. It's not though. I devote an insane amount of time and energy towards every project that I'm passionate about. When I get excited about something, it shows. Success doesn't happen easily though. There are a lot of sleepless nights, a lot of hiccups along the road, and a lot of rejection. To the outsider, it looks simple. It's not.The journey is a difficult one but once you've won your first award or landed your dream job or whatever it is you're seeking, it's the greatest feeling ever. The high is better than when you go skydiving. Why? Well, it's because it took longer to get there, you worked harder for it, and the results last longer. Below is a video I recently watched that described how to attain success in a way that I never could. Personally, I found it highly influential and inspirational. If you don't strive to be successful, ask yourself why? We need to challenge ourselves on a regular basis, to grow and to improve our lives and the lives of those around us. Every person on this planet holds the power to make a difference in the world. If we all come together and use our strengths to our maximum potential we could change everything for the better. Of course, it's not that simple. Nothing is ever going to be simple. Step by step, we can take the actions to move forward though. I challenge all of you to strive to be the best versions of your self on a daily basis.



No comments: